Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Natural Autumn Decor-- House Tour

"Delicious autumn! My very soul is wedded to it, and if I were a bird I would fly about the earth seeking the successive autumns."
- George Eliot

I love everything about the autumn season and decorating for it. It is truly my favorite time of the year-- the colors and scents and of course, that wonderful George Eliot quote that I have posted to Facebook on the official first day of fall for what it seems like the last four years.

This year, I wanted to to use more natural colors and tones for my house. Don't get me wrong, I love bright pumpkins, jack-o-lanterns, and scarecrows, but in my own house, I need something more calming than that. Something that is subtle and goes with the rest of the decorations. 

Join me on the fall tour of my house!
Lots of pictures to follow... :)

Entry way


Laundry room door off of kitchen and dining room:


Moving into the living room area...
I don't have a mantel but I have a bookcase my dad built me when I was a child to put sports trophies on. I decorate that as a mantel. :)




End tables:


Aaaaand, an overview:

Thanks for joining along!
See my fall porch here!
-Leigh




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your words, I really do appreciate them!